Monday, October 26, 2009

When should we stop spelling things out?

We went on our LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGG car ride this weekend! But the gold at the end of the road was very worth it...we got to see RnB and the chillens.
We have a tradition I guess you could call it...as we have made this trek oh so many times. We stop halfway and eat lunch and play at the city park.
So we are pulling into town and Hurricane has had enough of his car seat, and this car ride, and the movies and he just wants out. (Understandably so, if I thought it were socially acceptable I'd probably act like that too) back to us driving through town feeling more and more like the Griswolds with each mile we add to the odometer. He's whining and DH starts saying Hurricane if you act like this we cant go to the P-A-R-K. Do you want to go to the P-A-R-K? Hurricane's fit comes to a screeching halt and he starts saying "What?" which is his way of buying time or making you repeat just to play with you. DH repeats it again and again. Hey it kept Hurricane busy for a second or two, til we could make it to said P-A-R-K.
We get out, enjoy lunch, run around the park, play in the leaves, play on the playground, basically "blow the stink off" as Papa Train would say. Yes there are ulterior motives on our part, but that is an entirely different post now then isn't it?
So we are walking back to the car and Hurricane is lagging behind mumbling something to himself. You can tell he's deep in thought.
Finally he comes running up and says "Dad, we go to the A-S-D-C?" Took us a minute but we finally got it....wonder if we have to S-T-O-P S-P-E-L-L-I-N-G T-H-I-N-G-S O-U-T ?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hmmm....well I have definitely done things in my life. My favorite of all is being mommy and wife. I am very content in the skin I am in but it took 30 years to get there!