Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My son the bruiser

So, we sent Rain off to spend part of the summer with her dad. She left the day after school let out (May 31). So we have had this time with just Hurricane. It's been really nice because I have just played with him during the day, doing things he wants and getting to know him as an individual. It's been a nice thing to do before baby comes b/c never again will it just be Hurricane, there will always be one or both of the other kids too.
Anyway, I have seen his personality really come out! He is my little comedian! But he is also ALL boy! So for the summer I gave him an all boy haircut...a faux hawk! Tell me that's not adoreable! Now ask me in 14 years when he tries the same do, I may have a problem with it! But for now he's a babe!



I have also learned another aspect of my son's personality...he is accident prone! Hence this lil diddy! He was outside with dad and climbed into one of those captain chairs and went over the back of it onto the cement. Then we get calmed down from that spill and he knocks the back of his head on the cement not an hour later! So now he looks like he's been in a bar brawl! But wait it gets better! A few days later when gramma Lesa gets here, he is jumping on my bed and faceplants it onto the floor. Instant bloody nose! Then it started bruising on the bridge of his nose and under his eyes and I thought oh great! He's gonna have two black eyes! Someone is surely going to be calling CPS! But he never got em!
I have also learned that Hurricane is an exhibitionist! "Pants? We no need no stinkin Pants!"
I love that boy of mine!















2 comments:

mandy said...

Poor Zayn, well at least he didn't knock out any teeth!!! I have been patiently waiting for new pics of the babe...could you get on that please;) It's not like you have anything else going on!!!

Chelsea said...

Ash---where are the pictures of you new baby? What a cutie your little Zayn is. I moved my blog. Come check it out...

www(dot)frommysideofthefence(dot)com

About Me

My photo
Hmmm....well I have definitely done things in my life. My favorite of all is being mommy and wife. I am very content in the skin I am in but it took 30 years to get there!